"When things are difficult, smile by faith. Don't wait until you feel better."
– The valuable words by Joel Osteen are very right, but when oral pain takes over, it becomes challenging to smile. A broken or damaged tooth can be hazardous if it does not get removed within the right time. A dental implant can be the best solution when there is no option left for your dental condition. It comes with risks that you must take detailed notes to give it proper care. It will ensure your dental betterment without even waiting.
Dental implantation is a necessary treatment that needs an expert Dentist Frisco TX. A safe operation is essential to minimize any issues. However, we have discussed the solutions for the problems in this blog. So, let's crack on with it.
Pain is a common issue after a dental implant that you are most probably going to suffer from. Here are a few tips for pain relief:
- Over-the-counter Tylenol is suitable for mild pain. You can apply it every 3-4 hours for pain relief.
- Use your doctor's prescribed medicines for further discomfort or severe pain. Try to avoid eating whole stomach food before taking a high dose of medicines.
- Working around machinery or driving cars can create vibration in your body, causing more pain to your implanted teeth.
- Avoid drinking cold food or drinks. It can cause a sensation to your acute oral condition.
- Alcohol is not suitable for oral health anyway. It can cause discomfort to your implanted tooth and gum.
Bleeding is another common problem that is followed by dental implantation. Oozing and redness in your saliva can be present after the operation. Do not let the blood clot at any area, so another bleeding phase doesn't start, and follow the following points.
- Put firm pressure with a gauge cloth when the area is bleeding. It will stop the bleeding within a few time.
- Don't lick the area of implantation. Try to keep your tongue away.
- Don't rinse your mouth for 48 hours after the implantation. Leave the area undisturbed by not chewing something rough, hard, hot, or cold.
- Avoid more than necessary movements of your oral organs.
You can observe swelling around your mouth, cheeks, side of your face, even under the eyes. Your jaw might also stiffen. The following tips will help you in such a condition.
- Applying an ice pack can reduce your swelling around the above areas for one or two days after the implantation. A session of 20 minutes of ice pack pressure every 20 minutes can work efficiently.
- The dental professional might also apply the ice side of your face during the operation.
- After two days, you can replace the cold treatment with a warm one.
- Sleep elevating your head, not putting pressure on the swelled areas around your mouth. It can also save you from bleeding and pain.
- The swelling might increase after three days of the operation; use the prescribed medicines are guided by your medical professional.
However, if you are looking for the best Dental Implants in Frisco, Pinnacle Dental is your destination. Our advanced dental implants by experienced professionals ensure your safety and enhance your teeth appearance. We also offer teeth bonding, whitening, veneers, etc.